Thu, Jan 26|
Applying Environmental Strategies to Effectuate Policy Change
The training will address key considerations and possible challenges when attempting to implement policy change in a town/municipality.
Time & Location
Jan 26, 2023, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
About the event
Attendees will walk away with an enhanced understanding of effective environmental strategies to effectuate community change; barriers to policy change, and the benefits of preparation & “doing your homework” before any attempt to address policy.
“Lessons learned” and frequently asked questions applicable to this work will be shared, and examples of best practice(s) when approaching policy change (e.g., identifying needs, researching & understanding the community, identifying key leaders as well as champions of change in the community town/municipality/organization; etc.) will be highlighted.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the benefits of the application of environmental strategies vs individual strategies in prevention
- Identify possible unintended consequences when developing/implementing policy and articulating a plan to address
- Assess the efficacy of a policy and the possible reasons for success and/or failure
- Identify the components of infrastructure necessary to sustain effective enforcement
- Effectively build relationships with “champions for change”